February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day...


I thought I'd post some pics from Valentine's Day, ya know, for journaling purposes and all. It's funny how when you are dating it's all about romance and fancy dates. Then you grow up. We still have fun with Valentine's but it's more low key now. I did some cheap decorating this year which really didn't turn out how I wanted it but really it's for the kids anyway! On the Friday before V-Day the kids had their school parties and The Princess requested a heart in her hair for the occasion.


 Then on Saturday morning The Hubster made Crepes with powdered sugar (his own recipe-YUM!) and surprised me with breakfast in bed. I actually forgot to give my kids their V-Day gifts until Monday and  I forgot to take pics. They are obsessed with WebKinz right now so Cupid brought them each a little one and some cookies. The Pea got a Dora book. I also forgot to take pictures of the sugar cookies I decorated with the two older kids. I really got into it this year and tried my hand at outlining and then float filling them. Think Bakerella style, but not as perfect! The Hubster and I had decided not to worry about gifts this year so I just got him a card. Do you think he honored our agreement? Of course not! Beautiful tulips arrived on Saturday!

 
 He sends me flowers all the time (which I LOVE) and he even pays attention to the fact that I HATE carnations and I like flowers other than roses. One time he even sent me flowers twice in one day! Anyway, we also had my mom over for Valentine's Day dinner since my dad was stuck out of town. It was a lot of fun! We had marinated chicken cooked on the grill, baked potatoes, edemame, and corn bread. Delish! All in all, it was a fun weekend!

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

YOU are such fun mom! Sounds like you guys had a really fun valentines day weekend. I love your Tulips!