FYI-Lest you should get confused...The pictures with this post have absolutely nothing to do with the post itself, other than the fact that they are of The Pea. I just thought they were cute!
Tuesday was one of the good days. You know the ones? The days where you feel the magic of being a mom. Where for just a little while the laundry and dishes don't matter and the feel of your baby in your arms and the sunshine on your face stops time for a little while.
Tuesday was one of the good days. You know the ones? The days where you feel the magic of being a mom. Where for just a little while the laundry and dishes don't matter and the feel of your baby in your arms and the sunshine on your face stops time for a little while.
Wanting to be outside with the big kids on the trampoline...
It was a beautiful day, the sun shining and birds chirping. I took Em outside for some fresh air and playtime. We wandered around the cul-de-sac while she discovered bugs and rocks, all the while jabbering in her little toddler voice. She found a baby "roly-poly" bug as it mozied across the sidewalk. She watched it until it crawled down the other side of the curb into the rock garden below while she pointed enthusiastically and jabbered in her own little language, seemingly asking it to come back. We waved and told the bug "bye-bye" and went on our way. Ten feet later, after saying "bugs" repeatedly she had to turn around and go back to squat down and point some more at the spot where our insect friend had been seen last.
Then I layed back, and she climbed onto my stomach, laying her head on my chest. Soon, in her little binkie hindered toddler voice, she started to sing "Tink-o...tink-o...tink-o..." I joined her and we sang "Twinkle Star" and "Itsy-bitsy Spider" over and over. If the neighbors heard me they probably thought I was crazy, singing to myself. By this time she had quieted to just humming and then silence. In that moment, with my baby girl on my chest, both of us bouncing softly with the sun warming us, I wanted time to stop. I complain. I whine. I get tired of it all. But I do realize that this time is fleeting. My last baby is growing and I can't stop her. Too soon the moment was gone. She needed some lunch and a nap. The day moved on with chores, making dinner, bath time etc. But that one moment has stayed with me since then. I need to record it forever somewhere in my mind and heart and I need to create more moments like it on a daily basis.
One more thing. As I was making dinner The Princess said, "Look at the sky Mom!" This is what I saw:
I love that my girl loves beautiful things like sunsets as much as I do.

0 comments:
Post a Comment