April 1, 2010

Betty Crocker I ain't!

 
I hate HATE cooking. I really enjoy baking, maybe because there is a delectable sweet treat at the end (my rear end really enjoys it too!), but cooking....UGH! Frequently, what I make just doesn't turn out very good. I also don't have the patience for it so I tend to cook it too hot to speed it up and I burn it, or I burn it because I have a toddler hanging on my leg while I am cooking it and I get distracted. Sometimes, when the smoke alarm goes off while Matt is testing it or something, the kids will holler from somewhere else in the house, "Mom! Are you cooking something?" Yeah. Anyway, I would much rather go out every night and let some restaurant chef cook for me, then clean up for me too! I know I sound lazy, maybe I am, but cooking is one aspect of homemaking that I could definitely live without. I've tried to change it, to think of it differently. So here's where you all come in. What do you do when it comes to cooking each day? Do you have a system? A schedule? Do you have chaos and meltdowns while you're cooking(either from you or around you) or do you have a secret I don't know about? Now all you lurkers better comment because I really need some help here (at this point, about an hour before dinner rolls around, I'm hatin' life)....and we're spending way too much on restaurants (although in my defense Cafe Rio tastes WAY better than anything I cook!).

Your Sister in Homemaking,
                           


P.S. While we're on the subject of cookin'... check out my friend Ashlee's new cooking blog. It's way cute and she has some darn good recipes on there!

1 comments:

Stu said...

You may not like it, but we sure appreciate it...and you do make good stuff!