September 13, 2010

Anybody got Valium?


When I was little, about 6 years old, I had a best friend named Carrie. We lived in the same apartment complex and were as bestie as two besties can be, we were never apart. We were also in the same school class. One day our teacher decided that we talked too much in class (yep, even then I talked to much). She moved Carrie across the room to another desk. I vividly remember that moment. It was complete heartbreak for me. I was painfully shy and didn't make friends easily and Carrie was like a security blanket I suppose...my "woobie" if you will. I remember laying my head down on my desk and sobbing. It was not a tantrum sob like you might expect from a 6 yr. old who had felt betrayed and wanted to vent her anger. It was a sob of complete devastation from a little heart that wondered how she would ever go on without her best friend right at her side. I remember feeling lonely and scared and sick. I honestly thought that it was the end of my little world. Now that I think back to it I realize that Carrie did not shed a single tear...hmmm....curious.

Anyway, I tell you this not because I wanted you to wander down memory lane with me to peek in at my most embarrassing moments, but because it is happening again and this time it hurts a thousand times worse. My bestest bestie in the whole wide world is being moving away from me and there's nothing I can do. But this time it's not just across the room. This time it is much farther away. My sister, my "woobie" is leaving  me. She is moving to Texas and I can't stop her and those horrible feelings are back again. Loneliness, fear and that pit in my stomach. I don't know who I am without her. I told Matt that I am actually one and a half people. There's the half that's just me, the half that he makes up and the half that is my sister. She is who I call when I need to vent. Her's is the house I show up at in my pajamas (that sometimes end up matching hers much to the Fedex man's delight!). She's my date on Girls' Night Out and my shopping buddy. She never judges me or criticizes and she steps in to rescue me when I am on the brink of insanity. She loves my kids like her own. She was the one who caught Emilia when she was born, then walked the ER halls with me (and Madison) 5 days later while I cried as my new baby girl was given a spinal tap and diagnosed with Meningitis. Yeah, I'm co-dependent and I'm not afraid to admit it...Matt even calls her my wife :) She's the one I would call if I had a dead body to get rid of...well maybe her and Matt since her and I really aren't that strong put together.

Sure there are phones, and planes and email but it's not the same. I know it sounds silly but I am afraid to be without her. I am afraid to have to go places alone. I am afraid to have nowhere to go in my pajamas.

*SIGH*

Yep. I'm co-dependent.

About that Valium...?


 
  

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

No Valium here but me, myself and I are here for you!!! Hang in there Misty! I can so relate to you! It is hard being so far away from family!! If you ever need to call to vent or need to show up at my doorstep in your pajamas, I am your girl! Again, hang in there m' dear friend! You're the best! Love u tons!

The Princess Wonder said...

hang in there mom! I love you more than I can say. You will never be alone I will always be here for you!

Unknown said...

Awww now I'm crying. I'm going to miss you you much! I expect us to chat on video at least once a day. We need to have a girls night each week over the phone too, we can watch the same movie or something. I love you woman!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

I am sorry! I would be devistated if my sisters moved away. My heart aches for you :(

P.S. I have Xanex...does that work? ha ha!