March 19, 2010

Disneyland!

The second day we were in CA we went to Disneyland. We were actually supposed to meet my Aunt Cyndi and Uncle Scott and their family that day to play together (they live about 10 min. from the park). When I called to get details I found out they were REALLY sick! Sad!!! So we ended up going ourselves. My sweet Auntie gave me lots of info. though that really helped that day. We had so much fun. We got there around 10am and stayed until about 10pm! LONG DAY! The poor Pea had her entire schedule turned upside down that day (and every other day for the whole vacation) so it was interesting trying to work around her nap and meal times. Unfortunately this meant splitting up as a family a lot while The Hubster and the older two waited in lines and I found meals for the baby, warmed milk for sippy cups and quiet spots for her to nap. However between fast-passes and parent-swaps we all got to ride most of the rides. Our regrets after though were that we only had one day to do it all, we didn't make it to Toon Town before it closed (shoulda' gone there first...ahh hind-sight!), and we didn't get a family picture with Mickey (the ONE THING I wanted out of that day). Oh well, there's always next year right? I gotta say, my favorite is still good ole' Space Mountain. Something about a roller coaster completely in the dark just puts a smile on my face! My kids' faves were Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain...well, they pretty much loved anything fast! Buzz Lightyear was pretty darn fun too. I have to say though, my absolute favorite part of the day was the firework show. Ever since I was little I have seen the Disneyland and Disneyworld commercials where they show the fireworks over the castle and I have always wanted to see them in person. This year I finally did and it was magical! It was such a fun day and it was so great to just watch my kids experience the magic that is Disneyland!

**Disclaimer: The following pictures may not be the best quality due to a crappy point and shoot camera that we bought right before the trip. I didn't want to haul my SLR around Disneyland. I learned my lesson that day and took my 4th child (my SLR) everywhere else during our trip. The point and shoot couldn't focus worth anything! It has since been returned for a full refund and my SLR will be my one and only from here on out!**


















0 comments: