March 17, 2010

Back from the sand and sun...LOTS OF PICS!

So I have a confession to make...the pillows haven't even been started yet. I tried to pack to much into a couple of weeks and something had to give. One of the things that kept me busy was packing. Last Thursday morning we left for sunny New Port, Beach CA! The Hubster's father has a condo there with Marriot and he gave us a certificate good for a 4 day stay for a really good rate-the catch-we had to listen to the sales pitch while there. Well, considering we have wanted to take the kids to Disneyland and Sea World for like the last 4 or 5 years and we always have a reason not to, we jumped at this chance! We flew out on Thursday on separate flights (due to a free plane ticket from a friend). The Hubster took The Pirate on a 9:50 flight and I took the girls at 12:15 that afternoon. My sweet Dad gave us girls a ride to the airport so that when we all flew home together we could ride in the same car. So, can I just say that it is such a pain to get through security with a toddler and a stroller that has multiple carry-ons stuck in and on it? Take out the bags, take off the shoes, fold up the stroller, stuff it all through the machine, get reminded by less than friendly airport attendant that baby's shoes must be removed...remove them, go through metal detector, turn around and take off belt, go back through, lug stupid heavy stroller off of conveyor belt, watch things stack up around it, put shoes on, stuff bags back in stroller, wrestle baby back into stroller while she screeches like I'm killing her, put baby's shoes back on, almost walk off without belt, grab belt and put it on, walk away sweating like I had just worked out...RIDICULOUS! All I can say is thank heavens The Princess is old enough to worry about her own things! Not to mention, The Princess was such a help with her baby sister while we waited for our flight. The flight itself wasn't too bad. It was jam packed so there wasn't much room for The Pea to stretch out when she was getting tired towards the last half-hour but she didn't cause too much of a scene. The guy next us was kind enough to reply all 10 times that the The Pea said "Hi" to him and my sister's portable DVD player with Elmo's World sure came in handy...although she pushed the buttons more than anything, but entertainment is entertainment right? Anyway, our little family was reunited at the airport, both kids having enjoyed their first airplane rides, and The Pea fell asleep within two minutes of being laid back in her stroller. We got our rental car and headed on to the land of the Rich and Richer. We had been told that the condos were 5-star but they were even better than we had imagined. When we pulled up we felt like celebrities! Palm trees, fountains, outrageously expensive cars, beautiful pools and a breathtaking view of the ocean. Ahhhh...I could totally get used to that lifestyle! I'll leave you with pictures of our condo and grounds. I'll post over this week about our other adventures...get ready for LOTS of pictures!

















Honestly it was all so beautiful and amazing! It was hard to leave the beautiful surroundings and head back to the Utah cold. Next post...... Disneyland!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Welcome Home my' dear! I had no idea you guys were going to The sunny, beautiful state of Cali!! It looks like you guys had a fun time. The place that you stayed at looks gorgeous! Love your photos of everything!

Nicole said...

Oh I am so jealous! It looks like you had a great time. Yay for you!