June 22, 2010

Road Trip!


So as some of you know, I went to a Power of Moms Retreat a few weekends ago and I am just now getting the pictures edited. It was SO MUCH FUN getting to go on a good old fashioned road trip with my sister! It felt like I was a teenager again! It was about a 5 1/2 hour drive with pit stops so we had loads of time to belt out tunes (Faith Hill's "If My Heart Had Wings" was our theme song), eat junk (so..........many..........Swedish Fish........*GROAN*) and talk, talk, talk! We even happened upon a little petting zoo set up next to a gas station and couldn't resist the little lambs that came running over to greet us...


One of the lambs was just too cute and I couldn't help but give him a smooch! Don't worry all you germaphobes...I barely touched those fuzzy lips!


When we arrived in St. George we checked into the Red Mountain Spa and then hightailed it to the local Olive Garden to meet some friends from AZ that were also attending the retreat. One of these friends just happens to be my bestest friend since 2nd grade, Lynae. I was SO excited when I found out that she was going too! Even better she brought her lil' sis Rachelle and their friend Kelyn (who is now one of our besties too).

(Left to right: My sis. Amber, Rachelle, Kelyn, Lynae and moi)

After dinner we got some shopping in... 


Then we went back to the spa to soak in the hot tub and get a blissful night of uninterrupted sleep!


To be continued......

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Misty, I must say my dear friend that you are gorgeous! You truly are! I love the pictures you took at the petting zoo! I can't believe how long your hair is getting! It is beautiful. Did you have fun on your retreat? I have been wanting to talk to you about it and see how it was... It looks like you had a fun time with your sister. We need to catch up. Also, I hope I didn't put too much pressure on you with the whole picture thing. You will do great. I have the utmost confidence in you!! See you on Saturday bright and early!! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you kissed the Lamb! I've decided once a week we need to get into the car and play our Road Trip song and pretend we are leaving. Im such a dork! I kind of look like Im 50 in that last pic, the one looking at the shirt. Hehe.