June 22, 2010

Maya...

To the inquiring minds who want to know:  Yes, we did find another home for Maya *sigh* (although she's not gone yet). Matt is done with having pets for awhile. Those who know Maya know that she has a healthy set of lungs (to put it mildly). I have to admit that it is really chaotic with her and a toddler and kids with friends all making noise at the same time. The barking does annoy me, but it drives Matt stark raving mad! He is also tired of cleaning up poop and having to pay to board her when we go on vacations and really just tired of everything that comes with having a dog. Honestly, I am the animal lover in our relationship. He likes them but doesn't want to live with them. He is to the point that I hear him say, " I hate that stupid dog!" at least once a day and I feel like it is his home too and I don't want anymore stress on him than he already has with providing for our family and day to day stresses. So...the dog goes. Yesterday I put her in the classifieds online and within hours a great family had called that have been looking for a Mini Schnauzer for the last year but wanted one that was already house broken...not easy to find. They have kids for her to play with and the mom grew up with Schnauzers so she gets the whole barking thing. They actually live next door to a dog trainer who is willing to help them with Maya...it's fate! Really it was an answer to my prayers that I could find a good family that I knew would love her as much as I do. Anyway, I have to admit that it will be nice to have a little more quiet around here, but when they called back and said they could take Maya for sure...I cried. So did the kids. That's the hardest part, feeling like I am giving away their pet. But really, they don't walk her or play with her much. She's part of our family though and we (me and the kids anyway) will miss her terribly....

0 comments: