August 19, 2010

I'm Tired...

Today's one of those days. You know the ones. Where you feel worn out, discouraged, unmotivated? I feel like I am always 2 (or 27) steps behind where I should be as a mother, a wife, a homemaker. I feel like our family has little direction as far as goals and routines and traditions. I feel like my life is a never ending cycle of laundry and dishes etc...and complaining that I get no help with any of it.

My kids (and Matt and I at times too) watch too much TV and eat too much junk food and don't get enough exercise or do enough work or constructive activities. It's hard to balance the letting them just be kids part with the learning and teaching them to work part, ya know? I want them to better recognize their talents and do more things to refine them and serve others with them (and I want to work on mine too!). I want them to know how to clean the bathroom right the first time...and do it!

I've kind of lost enthusiasm for the spiritual side of things in the last year or so also, and have not attended church as often as I should. I have let my habits of regular prayer and scripture study go and have therefore not encouraged my children as I should to pursue their own habits in these areas. It's not that I don't believe in my religion anymore, it's just that I have become well, to be honest, lazy.

So how does one change all this? How do I change not only myself, but help guide my entire family towards growth? I don't like change you know. I like to stay right where I am, where it's comfortable, and I think my kids have inherited that from me. On the other hand, Matt is very goal oriented and it probably drives him crazy that I lack ambition and stick-to-it-ivness (yep, I made that one up). The problem is, he is rarely home during the week and therefore I am the one that has to find the drive to enforce any knew routines, habits, or projects that need to happen in order to get our family where I would like us to be. *sigh*




But I am tired.


And change is hard.

2 comments:

valerie said...

Now, Now, Now.....
For Goodness sakes I think we need to talk!
You need to email me. I will give you my number.
And we need to talk.

Love,
Valerie

Bethany said...

Hang in there, everyone goes through this every so often in their lives...just wake up early tomorrow with a list already made of goals you would like to get done that day and do it. But don't make the list too long...that will cause stress. I always have to look at each day one at a time and not the the whole week or I get too overwhelmed. It's also hard to go back to church when you haven't gone for a while cause it just seems like church lasts so long, but going will be very beneficial to and your family. Then once you start getting into routine, it gets easier! Also, if you have the spirit within you, you will have the spirit to share with others and that will bring peace into your home. I have felt the very same as you at time in my life and this is what I did to get myself out of bed each morning. Just know that someone in Texas cares!!! You can do it!!!!