School starts on Monday. We have been school shopping this week to update the kids' wardrobes in an attempt to send them to school and not have Child Services called regarding their Oliver Twist like appearances. I think we've succeeded. We've found some clothes and shoes and they can now walk out of the house with their heads held high and reflecting well on their parents, which let's face it, if we're totally honest that's our goal in buying school wardrobes right? Can I just say, what the heck happened to being able to buy an entire wardrobe for around $100? Seriously, when I was a teenager my parents gave us each $100 and we made it work. Anyone remember Mad Man Magee's? I'm not even going to tell you how much I spent this year on clothes and shoes for my kids, and I found some pretty good deals too! Anyway, we went and got shoes today and Madison's feet are now a Women's size 10! My 10 year old's feet are officially bigger than mine! Are ya kidding me?!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of school...Thomas got a teacher this year that I have heard terrible things about. Even the other teachers I have talked to don't like her. I filed a teacher change form back when he first got assigned to her and found out this past week that he didn't get picked in the lottery to change teachers, but his little friend next door did which makes it even worse because he was excited to be in her class. Yesterday I went and talked to the office ladies and to the principal and still couldn't get him changed due to district policies stating that there couldn't be more than a 6 student spread between the lowest and highest class populations in the grade, which there already is. I even asked about changing tracks but ran into the same problem with policies! I know from what I have heard about her that she and Thomas will not be a good match and I am afraid that his love of school will take a big fat nose dive! I am SO FRUSTRATED!!! He has always loved school and always loved his teachers and I don't want that to change. It makes me sad. We've been thinking about putting them on the waiting list for a charter school that we heard about and maybe this is the motivation we needed...but that doesn't help us this year ya know? He's still on the waiting list for the teacher change so hopefully we'll get some good news soon! At least Madison got a GREAT teacher.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We said goodbye to Nikki today, well until September anyway. It was sad. September isn't that far away but it'll never be the same now. We're used to seeing her at least every other Friday. By the time we left Em was tired, hungry and grumpy and wouldn't hug Nikki goodbye and that made me sad because I know how much Nikki adores her and Emilia adores her right back. Em walks around the house sometimes calling for Nikki or randomly talking about her. We will miss her so much...*sigh*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We took family pictures last night out on our front porch. We wanted one with Maya before she leaves us and we needed one with Em in it since she's TWO and we don't have a family picture with her yet...embarrassing! So I arranged us on the porch and my sweet sister took the pics for us. It was quite an adventure! Em wasn't exactly cooperative and we had a dog to work with too and at one point it started raining but I think we got a few good ones and really, that's all we need so when I get them edited I'll put them on here. I do have one done of all of us so without further adieu...
Whaddaya think? I wish Em had a real smile on and my eyes are a little squinty but
otherwise it turned out ok I think...
Anyway, Madison's bestest friend (that moved to Texas last year) is coming tonight to sleepover and go to Lagoon with us tomorrow so I'll have fun pictures and stories next week to blog about. Have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:
you busy busy woman you! I remember when school clothes money went farther than it did today! Seriously, who needs inflation anyways? I am sorry to hear about Thomas' teacher for this year... I am also a little concerned about Kaleb's teacher. Heard of Mrs. Titus? Whatcha know bout her? Hopefully good things! Kaleb needs someone warm and I have heard she is not. Hope he also doesn't lose his love of learning!!
Love the pictures of the kidlets! They turned out great, but why am I not surprised! Love them! You have a darling family! Plus, have I told you lately that you truly are one of those Hot looking Mommas?! You are! Love your hair long!! Out my ramblings are endless! Hope to talk to you soon!
I agree with the fabulous Mrs. Frisbey....You are one Hot Looking Mama! ( Matt would agree with me! )
I love the new family pics! What a great looking bunch! Hope the pirate has a good year with the 2nd grade teacher!
Post a Comment