Let's lighten things up a bit after that last post and enjoy some comedic relief from the mouths of my children...
As is common with an almost 3 yr old we are easing into potty training. The other day as Em sat on the pot things weren't....shall we say "working out"?....the way she wanted them to. She looked at me and said in frustration, "It's not working Mom....The batteries are out in my butt!" Such a little lady!
So the other night we get in the car and I lost my patience with T after he had asked about something for the 5th or 6th time. There was definite tension in the car as the blow-up settled around us and silence ensued. From the backseat Emilia pipes up and says, "Thomas, I'm going to laugh at you...HAHAHA!" Then after a pause she morosely says, "Sorry, Thomas." Of course we all busted up laughing to which she responded, "Ummm...Mom? What happened?"
One night in Target near Christmas I had all three kids with me and was feeling extremely frazzled. As I was trying to breathe deeply in order to prevent either a blow-up or tears Thomas said excitedly, "Look! There's the Christmas trees!" Then without missing a beat Madison answered in a high squeaky voice, "That's not a Christmas tree boy...that's just an illusion!"
Man I love that my kids have great senses of humor!
Loves!-M
Loves!-M


2 comments:
Loved hearing from you! I have been worried about you! I wish I lived there and we could laugh together. Your kids are ADORABLE. The hair all your kids have?!?!
The potty training thing is always hard. Lizzie has been having accidents now just about everyday! One day on Spring Break she peed all down a resturaunt chair...nice.
Loved reading these stories.Kids say the darndest things. Love your children! What a great mom they have to learn from-She has amazing whit and charm and always knows how to bring a smile to my face. Hope you are doing well.
Luvs-A
Post a Comment